LLC in Argentina can be set up with a minimum share capital of 300 US Dollars and at least two shareholders, no matter from which country. The registration process of companies can be explained and guided by our company formation agents in Argentina, who can help entrepreneurs with document issues, among other several requirements. The same team can help you draft the documents for your LLC in Argentina.
|The liability of the owners in an LLC||
In a limited liability company (LLC), the owners are individually responsible for the debts/ obligations of the business limited to their capital contributions.
Minimum share capital for an LLC in Argentina
Minimum number of shareholders for LLC in Argentina
|Time frame for incorporation||
A few days
|Corporate tax rate||
|Dividend tax rate||
|Number of double taxation treaties in Argentina (approx.)||
|Do you supply a registered address/virtual office?||
Yes, we offer different virtual office packages.
|Local director required||Yes, the LLC in Argentina requires a local director.|
|Annual meeting required||
Yes, the annual meeting is a requirement for an LLC in Argentina.
Electronic signature services are available.
|Foreign ownership allowed?||
|Any tax exemptions?||
For the sale of shares, government bonds, corporate bonds, etc.
Furthermore, if you wish to open a branch in Argentina in 2022, you can consult our company formation experts. To start a business in Argentina, our team members will offer you detailed information.
Table of Contents
Conditions to open an LLC in Argentina in 2022
An LLC in Argentina can be quickly registered as the bureaucracy in this matter has been simplified due to many entrepreneurs interested in having their operations on the Argentinian market in a less time-consuming manner. Here are the main requirements for setting up an LLC in Argentina:
- Reserve the name for your company;
- Prepare the Articles of association;
- Offer information about the firm’s owners;
- Notarize the partners signatures;
- Appoint a board of managers for your LLC in Argentina;
- Deposit at least 25% of the minimum share capital in the company’s bank account;
- Register for tax purposes in Argentina;
- Obtain the fiscal code.
When drafting the documents for your business in Argentina, we suggest you address our specialists in company incorporation in Argentina, who can guide you through the entire registration process and explain the conditions as stipulated by the law. The owners must focus on registering for the turnover tax with other local tax authorities from the moment the LLC has been incorporated. An insurance contract must be issued for future employees in the company.
Characteristics of an LLC in Argentina
In Argentina, the Limited Liability Company (S.R.L. – Sociedad de Responsibilidad Limitada) seems to be the most common legal entity. It is comparable to a corporation, but it is less expensive to run and has a cap on the number of shareholders. LLCs in Argentina have the following characteristics:
- The term quotas rather than shares represent capital. There is no minimum capital requirement, but the IGJ (General Inspectorate of Justice) will require the company to have enough money to achieve its goal. Quotas are used to divide company capital. The face value and vote rights of all quotas must be the same. Share owners can have several quotas. Although an LLC does not require a minimum registered capital, whereas, the registry often demands around 30% of the minimum capital of a corporation, i.e., AR$ 30,000 (approximately US$300). At the LLC’s formation, subscribers must put in at least 25% of the committed capital amount;
- LLCs, international corporations, or individuals can be partners. An LLC in Argentina cannot have an Argentine corporation as a partner. The limited liability company requires a minimum of two and a maximum of fifty shareholders. Individuals or businesses, both domestic and international, may have quotas. According to the Public Registry of Commerce, if the firm has two or more quota holders, the minority shareholder must own at least 2% of the company’s capital;
- Meetings are held following the company’s bylaws. They are not essential in the same way they are in a corporation;
- The LLC is governed by managers who can act individually or collectively depending on the company’s regulations. Managers are not required to be LLC’s partners;
- Depending on the organization of the management and the contract’s regulation of its operation, the managers are individually or collectively accountable. If several managers were involved in the same actions that resulted in liability, the court might decide based on their involvement in the events. When management is organized as a board, provisions related to the accountability of directors of a corporation apply;
- Transferring ownership in an LLC is more complex than in a SA because each transfer requires a notary reference. Transferring quotas is not restricted as long as its operating agreement does not prevent it.
For further information about an LLC in Argentina in 2022, you can interact with our company incorporation consultants. For company formation in Argentina, you can also consult our incorporation specialists if you have any questions about an LLC. They will give you detailed advice on this subject.
Argentina has become one of the top destinations for entrepreneurs and small company owners. This is demonstrated by the abundance of duty-free zones and industrial parks that have strewn over the nation. These things aid in luring big firms and international investors eager to establish operations there. You are welcome to get help from our local company incorporation specialists if you want to open a company in Argentina.
Who should you form a limited liability company in Argentina in 2022?
Small businesses should form LLCs with small and steady investor groups. The cost is more negligible, less publishing and administrative work are involved. LLCs are intended for smaller firms that do not require all of the formalities that corporations do by their nature.
Besides an LLC, if you are also interested in establishing a subsidiary in this country, you can get in touch with our company formation experts in Argentina. They will provide you with thorough guidance and assistance about setting up a subsidiary in Argentina.
Who should not form a limited liability company in Argentina?
If beginners want to start a business in Argentina, they can get guidance from our consultants, because each company structure varies and does not suit everyone’s business needs. For instance, forming an LLC with more than 50 investors is impossible, but smaller groups may choose to avoid LLCs if the firm requires numerous rounds of equity financing. When an LLC’s ownership changes, the partners must return to a notary to sign different forms. When there are a lot of investors and ownership changes hands regularly, dealing with LLCs can be difficult.
So, if you have more than 50 investors, it is advisable to not form an LLC in Argentina. Rather you can form a corporation. With the help of our team members, company formation in Argentina can be an easy task for you.
The Public Register of Commerce in Buenos Aires
No matter the business form, all companies must be registered with the Public Register of Commerce in Buenos Aires or with the local authorities if other cities are chosen. If the documents and the requirements mentioned above are already fulfilled, then you can direct your attention to the application form for LLCs in Argentina and the incorporation fee. The Public Register of Commerce in Buenos Aires will issue the registration certificate for your enterprise in Argentina.
An overview of an LLC in Argentina in 2022
Please find below the general information about the structure of a limited liability company in Argentina:
- An LLC in Argentina requires minimum paid-up capital of USD 300;
- It requires minimum 2 directors, along with minimum 2 shareholders;
- It takes 8 weeks to open a bank account for an LLC in Argentina.
You are welcome to contact our company incorporation consultants in Argentina. Besides guidance regarding establishing an LLC in Argentina in 2022, our team members can also help you with the company documentation and bank account.
Furthermore, if you want to establish a sole trader in Argentina, you can interact with our company formation experts. They will provide you with the necessary guidance and assistance in all the legal matters related to establishing a sole trader in this country.