The registration of a liaison office in Argentina starts with the Argentine Public Register (Registro Publico de Comercio), helped by one of our company formation agents in Argentina. The establishment of this structure is quite simple, but specialized help is needed to guarantee that you comply with the formalities and procedures imposed by law. In the following lines, you can find information about the representative office in Argentina.
Table of Contents
What is the purpose of the liaison office in Argentina and what activities can you have?
A representative office in Argentina can be opened to promote the activities of a foreign company on the territory of this country. Thus, it is possible to implement various marketing and promotion strategies and projects of such a firm in Argentina. Here is other interesting information:
- A liaison office in Argentina cannot have commercial activities.
- Market studies can be done to evaluate competitors.
- Potential clients can be accessed and collaboration contracts can be concluded.
- There will be constant communication between representatives of a liaison office and the parent company.
Starting a business in Argentina as a foreigner is not a complex process, not even for opening a representative office in Argentina. However, there is a need to compel assistance and guidance from an experienced team in the fields, as our company formation agents in Argentina can offer. Whatever your business idea is in this territory, we can help you set up a company in Argentina.
What documents and formalities are needed to open a liaison office in Argentina?
A representative office in Argentina can be opened quite quickly and easily if all the documentation is prepared. Here are some important aspects:
- A certificate of Incorporation of the parent company is requested.
- The authorities also ask for audited balance sheets.
- A statement drawn up by the parent company attesting to the fact that a liaison office is being opened in Argentina.
- A declaration that includes the object of the respective office’s activity is also necessary.
We specify that a representative office in Argentina, such as a non-profit organization, for example, can be established in compliance with Article 377 of General Resolution No. 7/2015.
Responsibilities of a liaison officer in Argentina
When you want to open a representative office in Argentina, you must also appoint a liaison officer. He/she has various responsibilities, and here we mention:
- Representation of business and interests in the chosen territory, in this case, Argentina.
- Promotion of the foreign company’s activities in Argentina.
- Conducting market studies to know exactly who are the competitors or what is the niche that can be covered with the services and products offered.
- Using dedicated business tools to attract customers in Argentina.
- Reporting the activities carried out to the parent company.
- Concluding business contracts in the name of the parent company represented in Argentina through a liaison office.
These are some of the responsibilities and daily tasks of a liaison officer in Argentina. We recommend you discuss with one of our local specialists if you would like to open a liaison office in Argentina.
Working with our local agents
When you want to open a company in Argentina, it is recommended to have specialist support at hand for the required formalities. Our team of company formation agents in Argentina can take care of these to be able to open a liaison office in Argentina as soon as possible.
If you are thinking of expanding the business in Argentina through a liaison office, these statistics about Argentina’s economy might help:
- Argentina’s GDP recorded an increase of approximately 10.4% in 2021.
- An increase of approximately 5.2% of GDP in Argentina was recorded in 2022.
If you want to open a liaison office in Argentina, we recommend contacting our team of company formation agents and see our personalized offers. We can tell you more about company formation in Argentina.